Friday, August 24, 2007

Best Friend.

“I never carried out my threats”, she said. “They were as empty as I am now”. Looking at her I didn’t know why she would say that. She is always so full of joy. Of life. People around me tell me that she is such a fun person. What happened? Do people live such false lives? Do they show the world what they are not? And why does she tell me this? Thinking, I realise that she is my reflection. My very own. My best friend. She is so much me that it would be like we are one. I would face her everyday and know that she is telling me the truth even if she lies to the world. She is at her worst with me and I take her brutal honesty in my stride. I feel sorry for those who don’t have a best friend like mine or me.

Places crowded, minds crowded, beings crowded. Not an ounce of space to think, ponder over what one has become. Hypocritical, materialistic, existing. It’s only when the ghosts come visiting that one breaks. I know I don’t need anything to know myself. I just have to look at her and face my demons. It feels good to know I have someone to be absolutely truthful to. Honestly I could not lie to her even if I wanted to. She would know and smile and look at me hoping that I would be as honest with her as she is with me.

But when did the change happen? Weren’t we talking about her being honest? Well, but if I speak of her, then I speak of myself. You see, we are one. Almost.

3 comments:

careertrax.co.in said...

Wonderful post... alter ego.... pls try writing more often...

I-am-me said...

This post haunted me enough (in a nice way) to want leave a comment here. I cant help thinking that this post is about looking at oneself in a mirror; for aren't we our own best friends and worst enemies? We do the unpredictable sometimes and are left wondering whether we really know ourselves........

Anonymous said...

hey howz u ?